Monday, October 10, 2016

field post 2

I really enjoyed my experience at Shaker Middle School. I liked it a lot better than Noble Elementary School. Not that the Noble experience was not a good experience, it was. I just enjoyed being around older kids more. I have always to teach high school and middle school is a lot closer to elementary school. The teachers were very good, I thought. They were engaged in what they were teaching their students, asking questions, and allowing their students to do a lot of class discussions. A bridge that I observed at Shaker was the class I was in ending class 15 minutes early to just have a discussion; a discussion about class, what they are learning, and school/feelings in general. I thought that was a good way that the students can connect to each other and to the teacher. I believe that it makes the experience of school and answering questions a lot easier for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment