Monday, September 26, 2016

Field Post 1: Noble Elementary School

I really enjoyed our morning at Noble Elementary School. I think that it was a good experience for me to go into a class room and observe how and what the teachers taught. Brandon and I sat in two class rooms: art and Spanish. We liked what the art teacher's philosophy was "you can only fail if you do not do the work" and we also like how engaged the teacher was, walking around the room and looking at each students work. We enjoyed what the Spanish teacher did too, she had the entire sit in a circle and practice the speaking the language to each other. I want to be a high school teacher. That desire was confirmed spending the morning at an elementary school. I got the feeling that being around students that young is moreover babysitting rather than teaching. I would want to teach high schoolers because they are old enough to have real discussions with and that belief was also reinforced after spending the day at Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment