Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Final field post at Ignatius

My last observation at Ignatius was a good experience. I really enjoyed doing these observations. However, I think that 10 hours is a bit too long. 8 hours would be good. I think that 10 hours is a bit repetitive of what you will see. Nonetheless, I really did enjoy the experience. My last day was a good day. It was a "blue and gold day" at Ignatius. "Blue and gold days" are done at Ignatius when a team plays for a state championship and that day our football did play in the game, it is too bad that we lost. I was the only person in the classroom that was actually wearing a shirt and tie. I thought that was funny. The day in class was a lecture. He read off of a power point on new information the class was learning, the last new information learned before the final exam. Then, the class was given a worksheet to go over it. Mr. Dybicz said, "the best way to deal with new information is to just start working on it right away, work in groups, use the notes as a guide, or please feel free to ask me for help." I agree 100% with that. It is good to begin work while it is still fresh in your mind. I came into my final day with 9 hours. So I was only there for 1 hour. In that one hour, I did not get to see a whole lot more. In this experience of observing a class, I was able to see things from a teachers perspective a little more. A student can just get by in a class but a teacher can never do that. A teacher must come totally prepared for every single class. There are no "periods off" Mr. Dybicz said to me. I agree with that 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment