Monday, December 5, 2016

Blog Post #10.

This semester has been a tough one for me. I got good grades, but it was tough for me in deciding what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. After taking this class, I am certain that I do not want to become a teacher. That was tough for me to accept. I always thought that teaching would be something that would want to do. I grew up wanting to be a high school teacher and high school football coach. But after the class i realized that teaching was not in my future. The only reason that I would want to major in education because I wanted to learn really how to teach different people because my dream is to be a football coach in the NFL (National Football League) .  However, I will be switching my major. I did not get the sense of learning to teach people in this class, instead I learned about schools and the issues that they face. That is so important, no doubt, but it is not something that I care about, it is not for me to deal with. What I discovered about myself this semester that I am destined to go into my family business of coaching football. Growing up my dad was a high school football coach, and being able to grow up with my dad in a football locker room at a place as special as St. Ignatius were the best experiences I could have ever had, I thank God every day that my dad raised me a football guy, also my grand-uncle is Don Shula, the winningest coach in the history of the NFL both of his sons went into coaching and his grandchildren, my cousins did as well. I learned that is what I am to do. Football is my passion, not teaching. I did not enjoy this class. No young adult can sit in a classroom for 3 hours straight and not be just completely bored. This needs to be a 2 day class, not one day. I did not learn how to teach people. Instead, we learned more about schools. Again, that is important, but not for me. I love football. I hate when people tell me that do not see the beauty that the game has to offer. I have seen this game do amazing things for people. But, when people tell me they hate school, I almost always agree with them. I could not devote my life to school, I would not be happy, my life is in football. That is where I will be the most happy. That is what I learned about myself in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment