Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This I Believe Essay Proposal.

    Standardized testing is a huge topic of discussions in our school systems today. For better or worse, everyone has a different opinion of them. However, I believe that they are bad for schools and even worse for our students. I believe that there is too much emphasize on them. Schools need to do well on them in order to receive a good school rating and for funding purposes. Therefore, schools are teaching to the test, preparing their students for what they believe is on the test, and they are not teaching what they believe is most important information to take out of a lesson. Also, I think that standardized testing puts a lot of pressure on the teachers to teach their students. I believe that real leaning is taking what is learned in the class room, studying for the some sort of examination and the score you get is a measure of how much you know the information that is taught.
    Also, colleges put a lot of information and time into viewing the scores of them. I think that is a bad situation. Kids are spending so much money and time into preparing for these exams. Students worry about them so much and that worrying affects their lives and grades in school. I think that so much emphasize is put on the the tests, such as the ACT and SAT that it decreases the importance of how well you do in school. I think that is unfair to the students who work so hard and earn the grades they get. Because any kid who is "naturally smart" or "God given smart" can take a test and do well on them and have that result over look how they do in the classroom, where I believe is the most important test of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment