Wednesday, November 9, 2016

blog post 7

Chapter 7 of "To Teach" has a lot of good insight of ideas to become a good teacher. The one that really stood out to me the most was number 1 on page 96 "Acting is essentially mechanical." The chapter states "great actors engage an audience, interact and draw energy and inspiration from the relationship (96). That statement really stood out to me. I strongly agree with it because I believe that in teaching it is important to take the material that is supposed to be taught and break it down to the audience of students that you stand before teaching them. Relating to them, explaining to them why this is important and why they need to know this, and encouraging out-side-the-box problem solving and thinking. When a teacher would just read the material and have me memorize something that was never a good way of learning. When the students know why it is important to learn the material, not memorize it, I believe that they want to learn therefore real learning takes place.

No comments:

Post a Comment