Monday, November 14, 2016

Blog Post #9... Annotated Bibliography.

  1. Armstrong, Thomas. "15 Reasons Why Standardized Tests are Worthless." American Institute For
   Learning and Human Developing, 28 Feb. 2013, institute4learning.com/blog/2013/02/28/    15-reasons-why-standardized-  
tests-are-worthless-2/. Accessed 14 Nov. 2016.
This is an article that I will use in my paper. I will use it because it gives 15 reasons why testing is worthless for our schools. It also goes into details and backs up all 15 reasons. All of which are relevant to my argument of standardized testing being worthless.

2. Berger, Brooke. "Don’t Teach to the Test." US News, 11 Apr. 2013,  
www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/04/11/why-excessive-standardized-testing-is-causing-a  
merican-schools-to-fail. Accessed 14 Nov. 2016.
This is a good article that I will reflect on in my final paper. I will use this
   article because it talks about why schools are teaching to the test. It talks about the
   importance of school decreasing. Schools are working too hard to prepare their students for
   standardize tests and not to prepare them for the next level of their life.

3. Fair Tests The National Center for Fair and Open Testing." The Dangerous Consequences of
    High-Stakes Standardized Testing, 17 Dec. 2007, www.fairtest.org/
    dangerous-consequences-highstakes-standardized-tes. Accessed 14 Nov. 2016.
This is a good article because it discusses the impact testing has on students. It goes into the negative effects standardized testing has on the students taking them. It also talks about how it is an unfair way to measure a student’s intelligence. I will use this article while writing my final paper.

4. Jouriles, Greg. "Here's Why We Don't Need Standardized Tests." Education Week, 8 July        
                2014,www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2014/07/09/36jouriles.h33.html. Accessed 14 Nov.  
                2016.
This is an  article that I will definitely use in my paper. I like the article because it goes into great
   details about why we do not need standardized testing. Specifically, it talks about how
   expensive it is to give these exams to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment